[vdr] Re: Easiest way for VDR 1.3x with Suse 9.2?

Ari Huttunen wrote:

> >Check for vdr error messages on console 9 and in /var/log/messages
> >
> Thanks Ludwig, now I'm finally getting somewhere. Note to other
> beginning Suse users, you can get to console 9 by pressing ctrl-alt-f9,
> and back by pressing ctrl-alt-f7, from KDE that is. There's probably
> some way to attach a KDE Konsole to it as well, I guess?

No but you can use runvdr directly in any terminal. The initscript
puts runvdr on tty9.

> There was one problem in that messages file related to DVB: dvb_ttpci:
> Unknown parameter vidmode:analog
> The thing is, I have an S-video cable connected to the card, and when I
> recompiled the DVB driver myself I needed to make a change for "vidmode
> = CVBS_YC_OUT" in av7110.c. Now I think I made the equivalent change in
> YaST TV card configuration, but it doesn't seem the driver likes it.

It's probably vidmode=2 rather than vidmode:analog. There are just
spaces missing in the modinfo output.

> (I did at some point download the latest DVB card firmware from
> thttp://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/firmware/ and put that in the
> hotplug directory, which may perhaps affect something. This was before I
> got Ludwig's info.)

Should be the same.

> Another reason why I don't get anything on TV is that VDR can't find the
> channels; channels.conf is for some other country. Now I'm a at a loss
> of what to feed it, it contains lines like this:

The channels.conf in the package is for DVB-S. I don't know what the
procedure is to get a DVB-C channels.conf. Maybe something like

dvbscan /usr/share/dvb/dvb-c/fi-3ktv -o vdr > /etc/vdr/channels.conf

gets you started.

> >>Delete or rename /etc/vdr/remote.conf while vdr is not running. Next time
> >>vdr is loaded it should prompt you for key codes - you'll need to change
> >>to console 9 to allow input and control.
> >
> >The default remote.conf has some keys bound already.
> >
> And it is documented somewhere which functionality is bound to which
> key, right? Channels.conf is not exactly readable. But no matter, I'll

I don't know exactly anymore. F1-F4 are color keys.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_  Ludwig.Nussel@gmx.de